7 April 2023
Easter in Monaco: A Luxurious Getaway Unlike Any Other
Monaco is known for its luxurious lifestyle and beautiful landscapes, and there are plenty of activities to enjoy during Easter. As the annual holiday approaches, here are some ideas and tips on special activities to participate in these holidays!
- Attend Easter Mass: Monaco is home to several beautiful churches, including the Monaco Cathedral, which hosts a special Easter Mass on the 7th of April for Good Friday and on the 9th of April for Easter Sunday.
- Visit the Monaco Oceanographic Museum: This museum is a great place to learn about the marine life in the Mediterranean and has special Easter-themed activities for kids.
- Take a stroll in the gardens: The gardens in Monaco are a great place to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The Gardens of Casino, Saint-Martin Gardens and the Princess Grace Rose Garden are three of the most popular gardens in the area.
- Enjoy some “haute patisseries” and lots of chocolate: Easter is known for its delicious chocolate, and Monaco has several chocolate and artisanal pastry shops that offer a variety of treats, such as: Pierre Marcolini, Patisserie Riviera, Ladurée, Prince’s Tea, Pasticceria Cova, Chocolaterie de Monaco, Jeff de Bruges. These spots are perfect not only for enjoying a sweet treat away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but also for admiring beautifully crafted and decorated traditional Easter masterpieces!
- Explore the Monaco-Ville: This historic neighbourhood is the oldest part of Monaco and features narrow streets, charming buildings, and great views of the harbour. When you’re up there, it is a must to visit the Prince’s Palace of Monaco as well as the Chapel of Mercy, built in 1639, one of the oldest buildings in the principality.
Overall, Monaco offers plenty of activities for Easter, whether you’re looking for religious activities, family friendly fun, or just a relaxing vacation.